The Kuehn Barn
created by

This big white barn has a life of it's own. The original center portion of the barn was constructed in the early 1920's on a
farm 2 ½ miles north of Heartwell, NE. In 1967 it was lifted on timbers and wheels and moved to it's present home on The Kuehn Ranch which is ½ mile west and ½ mile north of Heartwell, NE. The south addition was constructed in the winter of 1967-68. A "modern" farrowing facility was built in 1976 on the north side, which had heated floors and accommodated 21 sows. The large symbol on the haymow door is the brand used for marking cattle on this ranch. It is called a K on a hanging mill iron.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Janette Kuehn

Home
Paintings
Mixed Media

Serigraphs

Solar Prints
Giclée Photos
See Art At:

To Purchase Art

Hidalgo

Down On
The Farm

Copyright © Walt Thomas all rights reserved